IPA Information Guide
updated for June 2019
How to access the IPA Hosting Book and share it with you:
A pdf copy has been attached to this page IPA Hosting Book April 2019
To view a flipbook version, please click here: IPA-Hosting Book-April2019
It has been uploaded to our website: https://www.ipa-international.org/IPA-Houses
On behalf of the Socio-Cultural Commission, please find attached the IPA Hosting Book kindly updated for April 2019 by Vossie Vos of IPA South Africa.
Other Accommodation: Amended Website address on page 8
Official IPA House: The IPA House ‘Altes Schäferhaus’ in Büdingen, Germany, is now closed
Other Accommodation: Amended physical and email address of Stifterhof Castle
The Hosting Book can also be found in an online magazine version here: and will be updated on the IPA IAC website Tuesday 26th April (https://www.ipa-international.org/IPA-Houses)
Information for travellers
Please note the following changes from the last edition:
- Sadly after 38 wonderful years, Denmark’s first IPA house the Atriumgården, Søndervig Jutland, has been sold and is no longer available as an IPA House.
- Sadly too, IPA Haus Krätzersrasen (DEKR) in Germany is now closed.
- 2 hotels in Thessaloniki (ROTONDA and EMPORIKON) are no longer available as Other accommodation.
- Official email address of Section Greece has changed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The section’s secretary general is Mr. Vasilios Papas and his e-mail address is: email@example.com
- IPA Section Italy has negotiated an agreement with the Stifterhof Castle, the mountain centre of the Italian State Police Force (Polizia di Stato). The Stifterhof Castle, surrounded by a park of about 13,000 square meters, was built by will of the Baron Georg Freiherr von Ompteda, writer of novels, in the early years of the 1900s. There are 27 rooms furnished almost exclusively with antique furniture.
- Other Accommodation Added: A 4 bedroomed apartment in Tarragona (city centre), Spain (400 meters from the beach) with a capacity of 6 persons is available on a weekly basis to IPA members and law enforcement officers only.
On behalf of IPA France, please see below an update regarding some last-minute availability for their IPA house near the centre of Paris.
Full information on this property can be found on page 28 of the IPA Hosting Book
These are the dates of availability for the apartment (sleeping 4 persons) for the IPA FRANCE house “Pierre Barbaud”.
- From August 7th to 17th inclusive (apartment 4 persons)
- From August 22nd to September 4th inclusive (apartment 4 persons)
- From 6th to 19th of September inclusive (apartment 4 persons)
- From September 22 to 30 inclusive (apartment for 4 persons)
If you want to book this apartment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Secrétaire Général National Adjoint
Secrétariat National IPA FRANCE
All National Sections,
An announcement for all IPA Members planning to visit London from Section UK:
Section UK request that all IPA members visiting London that would like a tour of Metropolitan Police’s New Scotland Yard, must complete an International Travel Form in advance to allow time to try and arrange a visit with a guide. Increasing numbers of IPA members are turning up at New Scotland Yard unannounced and requesting a tour. This is creating an unwelcome demand on resources and they must be prepared to be turned away.
Section UK will endeavour to assist all members who submit their request through the proper channels.